Join the Orchestra
Ongoing Sectional Openings
Sectional Violins & Violas
If you are a strong player, are serious about your instrument, practice regularly, are totally committed to participate in the orchestra’s rehearsal/concert schedule, and feel you can make a musical and administrative contribution to this exciting community organization, contact us and our Personnel Manager will get in touch: email@example.com or 416-467-7142.
Normally, season rehearsals are held in the rehearsal studio of Meridian Arts Centre, 5040 Yonge Street (between Sheppard and Finch) on Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 10 p.m.
Sections with immediate openings are listed below:
Standard of excellence
Our standard of excellence is made possible through tremendous leadership and an operational approach that involves ALL of our members in management of support activities.
Orchestra Toronto is a not-for-profit community organization dedicated to providing serious amateur musicians with a high-calibre opportunity to rehearse and perform. We accept new members as positions in the orchestra open up.
Seating is at the discretion of our Music Director, who usually rotates players from concert to concert.
Click here for audition materials.
Our ideal musician
We are looking for players who have a holistic commitment to the orchestra
- willing to commit to attending all rehearsals
- committed to practice and learn the repertoire at home
- committed to support the non-music realities attached to ensuring the welfare of the orchestra as a well-managed organization
Sound good? Here’s how to sign up!
- Email our Personnel Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please provide a short introduction and outline your playing experience including grade level (if applicable), orchestral background, and training. If you want to include a C.V. or link to video of your playing, so much the better. The Personnel Manager will get in touch about auditions, rehearsal schedule, etc. Make sure that you have Thursday evenings available, as that is when we rehearse.
- Check out the audition materials for your instrument.
- Schedule an audition with the Personnel Manager. If we are in the middle of a concert cycle, you may have to wait until we are scheduling another round of auditions.
- Attend your audition. Following the audition, the Personnel Manager will contact you to let you know if there is a position for you in the Orchestra.
We encourage all interested musicians to apply.