We are looking for someone who has a passion for music and the community arts and is interested in helping play a key role in the stewardship of a growing and long-established organization.
We are looking for a volunteer member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of Orchestra Toronto. The successful candidate will chair the organization’s finance and audit committee and will assist us in meeting our strategic and financial goals for a minimum of 3 performance seasons (each performance season runs from July to June of their respective years).
The Board of Directors is particularly interested in a candidate who represents the diversity of the city in which we make our home and perform.
We are also seeking candidates with experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
– Finance and / or not-for-profit accounting;
The Finance and Audit Committee is responsible for policies and supervision of the following areas:
Financial systems and controls;
Monthly and Quarterly financial reports to the Board; Annual budgeting;
Regulatory and statutory reporting;
Liaison with external accounting and audit staff.
In the coming year, our Board will help tackle exciting initiatives such as:
– Collaborating and setting the 2023-24 Strategic Plan, setting key performance indicators (KPIs), and benchmarks;
– Increasing the organization’s diversity and cultivating a culture of inclusion and belonging, to better reflect the city within which we make our home;
– Exploring opportunities for expansion;
– Increasing outreach in the community through our programs;
– Increasing internal organizational effectiveness;
– Long-term planning and vision beyond 2024.
– The ability to serve for a minimum of three (3) years;
– Attend monthly Board meetings virtually, and occasionally in person. – Represent and advocate for Orchestra Toronto.
– Professional experience in finance / accounting; – A passion for community arts and music.
– Ability to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member (not less than 10 hours per month).
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
At Orchestra Toronto, we are committed to integration, diversity, equity, anti-racism and accessibility. We encourage candidates from a diversity of backgrounds including Indigenous people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all ages, gender identities and sexual orientations who can contribute to the diversification of ideas and outlooks on our Board.