Apprentice Stage Manager Applications Open for 2016!
As part of our Education and Outreach programs, Orchestra Toronto, one of the foremost community orchestras in Canada, is seeking talented and dynamic apprentice stage managers. This volunteer position provides a unique opportunity for a young stage manager to advance his/her skills in an artistically stimulating environment. We will be selecting up to five apprentices for our 2016-17 season, one per concert cycle. Orchestra Toronto presents five concerts each season in the acoustically superb George Weston Recital Hall at the Toronto Centre for the Arts. For more information about Orchestra Toronto please visit http://www.orchestratoronto.ca
- A chance to work with Orchestra Toronto in rehearsal/concert.
- A chance to work with our Music Director, Kevin Mallon
- Assist with running of backstage at a concert.
- Formal announcement of the appointment and recognition in Orchestra Toronto publicity
- Exposure to professional production operations of a symphony orchestra.
- Professional support and mentoring from Executive Director Samantha Little (20 years experience in production and production/stage management)
Program Applicant Requirements;
- Studying in an undergraduate degree or commensurate experience in stage management in an academic or professional setting
- a general knowledge of theatrical stage management
- Availability for a mentoring session at the Toronto Centre for the Arts and ability to attend and observe/help at one of our five season concerts.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by September 16th, 2016 by e-mail or mail to:
Samantha Little email@example.com
5040 Yonge Street
Toronto ON, M2N 6R8
We thank everyone for their applications. However, this is a highly competitive programme and only selected applicants will be contacted.