As part of our Education and Outreach programs, Orchestra Toronto offers up to five talented and dynamic young violinists the opportunity to work with the Orchestra as Apprentice Concertmasters for one concert cycle. This represents a unique opportunity for a young conductor to advance his/her skills in an artistically stimulating environment. Orchestra Toronto presents five concerts each season in the acoustically superb George Weston Recital Hall at the Meridian Centre for the Arts.
- A chance to share a desk with and be mentored by Orchestra Toronto’s concertmaster Corey Gemmell in rehearsal at the
- Formal announcement of the appointment and recognition of the position in Orchestra Toronto publicity
- Exposure to the concert-master’s craft
Program Applicant Requirements
- an undergraduate degree or commensurate experience in violin performance in an academic or professional setting
- a broad knowledge of orchestral repertoire
- availability for Thursday evening rehearsals from 7:30-10:00 at the Toronto Centre for the Arts
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and video sample of them performing (in class, in rehearsal, or in performance) by August 19, 2019, by E-mail or mail to:
5040 Yonge Street
Toronto ON, M2N 6R8
We thank you for your application; however, only selected applicants will be contacted.