Joy and Celebration
Join us for our weekend performances, conducted by Music Director Michael Newnham. Experience "the crown jewel of Canadian community orchestras" - driven by passion and excellence.
This is your opportunity to be inspired and enriched, to be surrounded by the stimulating full force and poetry that only orchestral music can offer.
Listen. Learn. Love it.
Joy and Celebration: Coming together after so long apart
Our 2020-21 season will celebrate music, community, and the indomitable joy that brings us together.
After the unceremonious, but necessary, cancellation of the final performances of our 2019-20 season, and a long intermission while we stayed home, playing solo in order to avoid spreading COVID-19, Orchestra Toronto is excited to present our 2020-21 season.
The safety of our community of musicians, guest artists, audience members, staff, and community partners is our top priority.
In our 2020-21 season, we will adapt our rehearsal and performance schedule based on the recommendations of local, provincial, and federal public health experts. This may mean doing any of the following:
- changing our concert programmes, in order to have smaller groups playing on stage at one time;
- capping our audience numbers, so that we can make space between related groups in the audience;
- taking longer to get on- and 0ff-stage as we stagger entries and exits to avoid crowding;
- changing the way audiences enter and leave the concert hall;
- asking anyone who has any sort of symptoms or who has come into contact with COVID-19 to stay home (we will refund your ticket price).
We will do our best to make sure you know about any changes to what we do, or how we do things. Please be patient and work with us as we find ways to keep each other safe, while we celebrate music and each other.